Arab League condemns Israel’s “systematic aggression” against Palestinians
CAIRO, April 13– The Arab League condemned the ongoing “extensive and systematic aggression” in Jenin and other parts of the occupied Palestinian territories, the Cairo- based pan-Arab organization said in a statement on Wednesday. The AL denounced Israel’s massive security campaign that has been going on for days, which included unprecedented incursions,…
CAIRO, April 13 (Xinhua) — The Arab League (AL) condemned the ongoing “extensive and systematic aggression” in Jenin and other parts of the occupied Palestinian territories, the Cairo-based pan-Arab organization said in a statement on Wednesday.
The AL denounced Israel’s massive security campaign that has been going on for days, which included unprecedented incursions, arrests and home demolitions against the Palestinians.
It described the current Israeli military operations as an “open war on the occupied Palestinian territories, including Jerusalem,” holding the Israeli government fully and directly responsible for its repercussions.
The pan-Arab organization called on all countries and international bodies and organizations to take urgent and responsible measures to pressure Israel to immediately stop aggression against the Palestinians and to provide “international protection” for them.
The recent Israeli raids in Jenin, which killed several Palestinians, came in response to last week’s attack by a Palestinian gunman that killed three people on one of the streets in Israel’s coastal city of Tel Aviv.
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said after the attack that there would be “no limits for this war,” granting “full freedom” to the Israeli army and security forces to deal with the Palestinians.
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has lasted for decades, following the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories and the founding of Israel as a state in 1948.
The Palestinians seek to establish their own independent state on the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital, based on the UN-backed two-state solution. Enditem
ANA NEWS WIRE Disclaimer:
The African News Agency (ANA) is a news wire service and therefore subscribes to the highest standards of journalism as it relates to accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
ANA strives to provide accurate, well sourced and reliable information across Text, Images and Video. Where errors do appear, ANA will seek to correct these timeously and transparently.
The ANA platform also contains news and information from third party sources. ANA has sought to procure reliable content from trusted news sources but cannot be held responsible for the accuracy and opinions provided by such sources on the ANA platform or linked sites.
The content provided for on the ANA News Wire platform, both through the ANA news operation and via its third party sources, are for the sole use of authorised subscribers and partners. Unauthorised access to and usage of ANA content will be subject to legal steps. ANA reserves its rights in this regard.
ANA makes every effort to ensure that the website is up and running smoothly at all times, however ANA does not take responsibility for, and will not be held liable for times when the website is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues that are beyond our control.