Nine People Killed, 7 Injured in Airstrike Launched by Saudi Coalition on Yemen – Houthis
CAIRO, July 15– At least nine civilians were killed, and seven others were injured as a result of an airstrike that was launched by the Saudi-led coalition, which works in cooperation with the Yemeni government troops, on northwestern Yemen, the Houthi rebel movement said on Wednesday, as quoted by its Al Masirah broadcaster. The coalition’ s air forces have…
CAIRO, July 15 (Sputnik) – At least nine civilians were killed, and seven others were injured as a result of an airstrike that was launched by the Saudi-led coalition, which works in cooperation with the Yemeni government troops, on northwestern Yemen, the Houthi rebel movement said on Wednesday, as quoted by its Al Masirah broadcaster.
The coalition’s air forces have conducted an air raid on residential houses, located in the district of Al Hazm in the center of the Al Jawf province, which borders Saudi Arabia, the Houthi rebels said, adding that among those killed were two women and a child.
According to the movement, five children and two women were also injured as a result of the attack.
Earlier in the day, the Arab alliance launched five other airstrikes on locations in Al Hazm, according to the channel.
For over five years, Yemen has been engulfed in an armed conflict between the government forces, led by President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi, and the Houthi rebels. Despite the support from the Saudi-led coalition, the government troops have failed to regain control over Houthi-controlled areas in the north.
Separately, the forces have also faced an insurgency of the secessionist transitional council in the south of Yemen.
ANA NEWS WIRE Disclaimer:
The African News Agency (ANA) is a news wire service and therefore subscribes to the highest standards of journalism as it relates to accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
ANA strives to provide accurate, well sourced and reliable information across Text, Images and Video. Where errors do appear, ANA will seek to correct these timeously and transparently.
The ANA platform also contains news and information from third party sources. ANA has sought to procure reliable content from trusted news sources but cannot be held responsible for the accuracy and opinions provided by such sources on the ANA platform or linked sites.
The content provided for on the ANA News Wire platform, both through the ANA news operation and via its third party sources, are for the sole use of authorised subscribers and partners. Unauthorised access to and usage of ANA content will be subject to legal steps. ANA reserves its rights in this regard.
ANA makes every effort to ensure that the website is up and running smoothly at all times, however ANA does not take responsibility for, and will not be held liable for times when the website is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues that are beyond our control.