Bajrang tells fellow wrestlers to follow COVID-19 protocol at camp

New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Olympic-bound wrestler Bajrang Punia on Thursday advised his fellow grapplers to not break COVID-19 protocol at the national camp in Sonepat.

New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Olympic-bound wrestler Bajrang Punia on Thursday advised his fellow grapplers to not break COVID-19 protocol at the national camp in Sonepat.

According to a source, eight men wrestlers have reached the venue so far and they all are inside their rooms, serving a mandatory 14 days quarantine period. “If all goes well then the camp will begin from September 15,” the source had told IANS.

Concerned with the rise in the number of coronavirus cases in India, Bajrang said it is everybody’s responsibility to keep each other safe.

Speaking to IANS over phone from Sonepat, Bajrang said: “I am under quarantine and like me, other wrestlers are also following the protocol. It is our responsibility to keep each other safe. The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has made all these rules and regulations for our safety only. We can’t just ignore it at any cost.

“There was also an online meeting of SAI officials with us. They assured us all the help. We are finally getting a chance to train properly in a camp and we must make sure that it starts and ends on a positive note. We should not break any protocol,” he emphasised.

Wrestlers in five freestyle categories — 57kg, 65kg, 74kg, 86kg, and 125kg – and those in the 60kg, 77kg, and 87kg weight groups have been selected for Greco Roman for the month long camp that has been sanctioned by the SAI till September 30.

–IANS

chs/qma

ANA NEWS WIRE Disclaimer:
The African News Agency (ANA) is a news wire service and therefore subscribes to the highest standards of journalism as it relates to accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
ANA strives to provide accurate, well sourced and reliable information across Text, Images and Video. Where errors do appear, ANA will seek to correct these timeously and transparently.
The ANA platform also contains news and information from third party sources. ANA has sought to procure reliable content from trusted news sources but cannot be held responsible for the accuracy and opinions provided by such sources on the ANA platform or linked sites.
The content provided for on the ANA News Wire platform, both through the ANA news operation and via its third party sources, are for the sole use of authorised subscribers and partners. Unauthorised access to and usage of ANA content will be subject to legal steps. ANA reserves its rights in this regard.
ANA makes every effort to ensure that the website is up and running smoothly at all times, however ANA does not take responsibility for, and will not be held liable for times when the website is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues that are beyond our control.